The Disneyland Resort All-American College Band Presented by Yamaha is a once in a lifetime music, performance, and educational opportunity.
This program has been a Disneyland Resort tradition since 1971 and gives top college musicians from all around the United States the opportunity to perform and learn about the entertainment industry first-hand through performance at a Disney Theme Park and clinics with world-renown artists and experiences in nearby Hollywood.
The 21-piece All-American College Band performs at the Disneyland Resort in California for eleven weeks each summer. If selected, you would perform five-days-a-week at Disneyland Park and attend daily clinics/rehearsals each morning. The daily performance schedule consists of five sets: one on stage in a big band/jazz format and the remaining four as a marching/show band.
As part of the program the band receives valuable educational experiences with industry pro clinicians such as Wayne Bergeron, Gregg Field, John Clayton, Jiggs Whigham, and Rick Baptist, just to name a few. Students will also complete a major educational project that will reflect one of these tracks: Composition and Arranging; Careers in Music; Recording and Production.
We are seeking college students with a diverse musical background, excellent musicality, and an expressive/outgoing personality. You must be at least 18 years old, currently enrolled in a college or university and have completed at least one year. The Disneyland Resort will provide fully-furnished housing, and a weekly stipend.
We'll be auditioning for the following:
- 4 Trumpets
- 4 Trombones
- 5 Saxophones (double on flute/clarinet/piccolo encouraged)
- 2 Tuba/Sousaphone-will play on tuba and sousaphone
- 2 Horn/Mellophone-will play on French horn and mellophone
- 4 Percussion (doubles-piano/bass players)
- 1 Drum set player for one stage set per day; performer must double on either snare, quad, or bass drum for the four show/marching sets
- 1 Acoustic/Electric Bass player for one stage set per day; performer must double on percussion or tuba for the four show/marching sets
- 1 Jazz Piano player for one stage set per day; performer must double on percussion for the four show/marching sets
- 1 Auxiliary Percussion
There are no string, theater, singer or dancer positions.
Yamaha will provide pro-line instruments, including doubles, for all members of the band during the summer contract. You will have the opportunity to purchase this instrument at the end of the summer at a discounted rate.